Special Needs Community CIC is a London-wide social enterprise that supports, empowers, and connects families.
For information about specific SEND services in your local area, find your borough, the link will take you to your own borough council’s SEND Local Offer website.
WHAT IS THE SEND LOCAL OFFER?
The SEND CODE of PRACTICE: 0-25 (Special educational needs and disability code of practice) Statutory guidance for organisations which work with and support children and young people who have special educational needs or disabilities (January 2015)
Section 4 states:
All Local authorities must publish a Local Offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and
- To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN and their parents, and disabled young people and those with SEN, and service providers in its development and review
What must be included in the Local Offer?
- Educational, health and care provision
- Training and apprenticeships
- Support available to children and young people to help them prepare for adulthood
- Information about how to seek an EHC needs assessment
- Information, advice and support
Our aim is to make it easier for all parents with a child and young person with SEN & Disability living in London to find their LOCAL OFFER and bring together all of London’s SEND provision in one place.
As an innovative organisation, we worked with our local authority to find creative ways to help our SEND community access to our Local Offer. We create a ‘bird’s eye view’ of the Harrow Local Offer with our Harrow Local Offer Services Map 2018. We want to work with other London boroughs and parent carer forums to develop effective ways access to their local offer.
Contact us for more information here: email@example.com